Adjunct Pool: Reference Librarian
Salary: $59.82 - $77.33 Hourly
Job Type: Part Time
Job Number: 20230083
Closing: 6/30/2024 12:00 PM Pacific
Location: Merced College, CA
Open pool for academic year 2023-2024additional compensation for doctorate
Merced College is a midsized community college located in California's Central Valley. Incorporated in 1889, Merced offers historical sites, affordable housing, and access to the Bay Area and Sacramento, and is the Gateway to Yosemite National Park and the Sierra mountains as well as home to the University of California Merced campus. Our tree-shaded growing community of just over 80,000 includes multiple biking and walking trails as well as access to several lakes - large and small - throughout the county. The college is currently in a time of exciting innovation.
Merced College Mission
At Merced College, students are our focus, and we are known by their success. We transform lives through education and workforce development.
Merced College Vision
Enriching our community through educational experiences and support services:
- Degree/Certificate Programs
- Career Technical Education
- Workforce Training
- Lifelong Learning
- Basic Skills
- Community Engagement
This is a part-time instructional assignment. The professor will teach a variety of library science courses. The maximum teaching load is 10 units per semester, which may include evening and weekend hours.
Examples of Duties
- Teaching assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times
- Provide in-person and virtual reference instruction and information service to students, staff, faculty and administration
- Be a resource to faculty in departments outside the library and develop collaborative relationships to further information literacy and increase awareness of library resources to students
- Advocate for and participate in activities relating to OER use
- Prepare, develop and deliver instruction to students, faculty and staff in various modalities (online, in-person, in classroom at a reference desk)
- Prepare online and physical instructional materials appropriate for instructional use may include LibGuides, Handouts, Tutorials
- Develop and assess student learning outcomes for instruction
- Participate in program review, student learning outcome development and assessment to improve student learning
- Participate in collection development for subject areas and assist in other areas
- Maintain current knowledge in subject-matter areas
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics
- Assignment may include evening hours
- Master's in library science, library and information science OR
- The equivalent
- Promote and incorporate culturally affirming DEIA and anti-racist principles to nurture and create a respectful, inclusive, and equitable learning and work environment. In conducting their duties, staff members shall respect and acknowledge the diversity of students and colleagues.
How to Apply:
- Submit a complete application by the closing date/time on the Merced College career pages at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/promotionaljobs.
- Letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position (cover letter).
- List of three professional references (no reference letters permitted).
- Legible unofficial college transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Transcripts must include the degree major and date the institution granted the degree. Official copies are not required unless applicant is hired.
- Diversity Statement: The Merced College District has a diverse staff and student population. As such, applicants must demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the community at large. Please describe how your professional experience would contribute to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Please do not include any personally identifying information. Limit your response to one (1) page.
- Foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation completed by an approved organization per the State of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing https://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/transcripts
- Equivalency Review Form (Required for applicants who do not possess the stated minimum educational qualifications and are seeking consideration on the basis of equivalency) https://www.mccd.edu/about-merced-college/divisions/human-resources/equivalency/
Only the required documentation as listed above will be accepted for this recruitment. Any additional documentation will be removed from your application profile.
Those applicants deemed highly qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews. Interviews will be scheduled on site.
Sick leave, faculty employed on a part-time hourly basis shall earn sick leave credit at the rate of one (1) hour for each twenty (20) hours of paid service.
Condition of Employment:
The selected candidate must be fingerprinted and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all new employees are required to verify their identity and the right to work in the United States. Merced College does not sponsor visas. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office. Merced Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/mccd/jobs/4101880/adjunct-pool-reference-librarian
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency