This ad is expired.
Adjunct Librarian Pool
Posting Number: F00969
Location: Los Medanos College
Description of Position:
The position will engage in a full range of reference, library instruction, collection management and outreach activities. Part of the assignment may be in the evening and/or online."
Master's degree in library science, library and information science, OR the equivalent .
Contact Kimberly Wentworth, Department Chairperson: email@example.com
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: No Response
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: L1080-Learning Resource Center
Duties and Responsibilities:
The position will engage in a full range of reference, library instruction, collection management and outreach activities. In addition to contractual duties, all faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the assignment may be in the evening and/or online. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing vision, direction, and leadership in the development, delivery, and assessment of all Library instructional efforts for campus-based and distance education;
2. providing reference service and instruction on the use of print and electronic information resources to students, faculty, staff and the community;
3. participating in the collection, development and implementation of print and electronic information resources and services;
4. providing course related library instruction;
5. collaborating with faculty on assignments, collection needs, and integration of information literacy into the college curriculum;
6. developing library collections in the assigned subject areas;
7. contributing to the development and maintenance of the Librarys web page;
8. maintaining current knowledge in the field of Library Science and Information Management;
9. participating in department, college committees, and Colleges shared governance process;
10. participating in professional development activities;
11. maintaining of appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
12. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal and communication skills and the proven ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff and administration.
- Experience delivering student centered reference and instructional services in an academic library environment.
- Experience using and teaching the use of a library discovery platform and a broad range of research databases both at the reference desk and in a classroom setting.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Willingness to maintain an environment conducive to learning while setting a friendly and welcoming tone.
Job Open Date: 03/07/2023
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: Spring 2023
# of Months: Hourly Position, hours varies
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/9574
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency